The emulator dialin pool is a telnet port with a default port number of 6180.
To change the port number, add 'fnpserverport n' (where n is the desired port number) to you start-up .ini file.
To enable 'ssh' access to the emulator, I use an ssh wrapper script. I started with the instructions at http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-software-2/ssh-wrapper-for-telnet-login-497444/
I am running Fedora 23 and did the following steps:
1. Edit /etc/shells and add a new line "/bin/telnet_wrapper",
2. Create a user account ('sve' in my case).
3. 'chsh -s /bin/telnet_wrapper sve'
4. Touch file "/bin/telnetl_wrapper", set owner and group to root and access rights octal mode to 0755, then fill with:
#!/bin/ash telnet 127.0.0.1 6180 exit 0
5. Edit /etc/ssh/sshd_config and change the 'PermitEmptyPasswords' line to 'PermitEmptyPasswords yes'
6. Set the sve account to have an empty password.